Saturday, January 8, 2011

Humbled...really says it all.

Yesterday new students moved in to the dorms. After such a quiet break, it is great to have life back in the school! Classes haven't even started yet, but we have certainly kept these guys busy.

Here is what I like about my job:

1- Watching the students get so excited about what God is doing and what He is going to do in their lives!

2- Being a part of the journey for these students. For many of them, this is a new beginning for them. So many of our students come from broken backgrounds...I mean really broken, and God has transformed their lives! There is no where else they would rather be than right here, taking in all that God has for them, ready to glorify Him in everything. Their stories break my heart. Their struggles bring me to tears on a regular basis. But their triumph through Christ humbles me and leads me to rejoice with them! (Christians don't rejoice enough)

3- Cooking- I love it, what can I say : )

4- "Family" Dinner- I LOVE LOVE LOVE sitting down with the reisdents for dinner each day. I don't sit through classes with them, so it's my time to connect with them, encourage them and learn how to pray for them.

5- Mentoring- I get to be part of their lives as God grows them. It's such a humbling experience to be a part of that. More and more I feel led to make this part of my life's ministry.

6- Volleyball.

7- There are a lot of other things I like about my job. But the main point here is that God has given me an opportunity to be part of these students lives and I feel so blessed and honored, and truly humbled. They are teaching me so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment