Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sunshiny

Today was the first sunshiny (yes, I said sunshiny) day of 2011 here is Salem! And as it happens, Donny and I got to take a little time off this afternoon and enjoy it. We went on a walk down by the waterfront. It seems everyone and their dog or bike was also down there today. I suppose that's what happens when there is a nice day in Oregon...all the pasty people come out for their yearly dose of Vitamin D. The way all the kids were running around, you would think they had never seen the sun before. They were young enough, I suppose its possible that they haven't. Not that I am complaining. I actually LOVE all the rainy days in Oregon. I love mud, and green forests and rain and waterfalls and camping- oh how I love camping. And since I'll never be able to tan anyway, I might as well love this climate.
Oh and this was our dinner before heading home to watch a couple of movies and Castle. All in all, this was an excellent day! ...and now I want to go hiking. hmm, I wonder why that is??? : )



(Notice that I am not drinking a diet pepsi. 5 months and counting woo hoo!)
(Oh, and I've lost 7 lbs since Christmas break. Not a lot, but its a start :)

3 comments:

  1. Like.

    Also what time were you at Waterfront?!! Me and the Sat. Morning worship crew were there too! We were jamin at the amphitheater from about 12:00 to almost 2 I think! We may have just missed each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day! And congrats on sticking to your goals and losing weight! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kei!

    And Leia, I must have just missed you. I think we got there around 2.

    ReplyDelete