Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A new me: physically

One of my resolutions for the year is to get in shape. Yeah, I know, very un-original. And to tell you the truth, it's not a new goal- rather a continued one. While I have a long ways to go before I reach hard core status, I have made some big changes in my life. (We're talking BIG!) I haven't taken a dink of pop since the end of August! Perhaps you don't know this about me (not sure how that's possible though) but I have been a HUGE Diet Pepsi addict since I was 3 years old! Anyone who's ever been one of my youth kids knows that I would down a 64 oz during a youth service! Sick right?! Anyway, fun fact for ya...I din't have any withdrawals. yay. Doesn't mean I don't miss it though. Every time a can of pop is opened I get a little thirsty. (reminds me of an episode of The Office)

One day, hopefully not too far down the road, Donny and I want to start a family. Don't rush to any conclusions. We aren't even trying yet. But I know that when that day comes, I'm gonna want to be in shape. I want to have healthy habits in place and be ready to be a mom who can set a healthy example for my kids. This means a lot to me. But because it's no where in sight I also easily lose sight of this goal. Hopefully I will continue to be diligent. God gave me this body and I have not been as responsible with it as I should have been. The other reason I want to be healthy is so God can use me more. Down the road as I get older, I don't want health issues that I could have avoided to keep me from ministry opportunities. I want to be a good steward. I want to show appreciation by taking care of the things God has enstusted to me with.

Here we go!

2 comments:

  1. A goal that I am trying to work on too. Sounds like you're doing great already!
    It's also extremely helpful to be already in shape BEFORE getting pregnant. If we ever have another baby I am adamant that I will be a skinny preggo lady that time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job about no soda...funny thing is, I rarely have soda at all ~ we almost never had it growing up, but when I was preggers, I craved it ALL THE TIME! Weird, huh?! I never bought any, but whenever Kiel had some, I always had at least two sips, LOL!

    ReplyDelete