Tuesday, January 18, 2011

PK Escape

This past weekend I had the opportunity to be a counselor at PK Escape, a retreat for the Assemblies of God pastor's kids in the state of Oregon. Having grown up in a pastor's home myself, I looked forward to connecting with current pks. It was a great weekend, but having been so busy the week before I did not start off on the right note. I almost left an entire day early! I'm not sure what I was thinking!!! But luckily right before I threw my stuff in a bag to leave, I checked the schedule again. I was a bit worried about how the weekend would go, seeing as I seemed to be slightly delusional. But as soon as I got on the bus, I met a girl who lives basically next door to me. I thought to myself, "God is so funny...I think He gets a kick out of creating ironic situations to really throw me off!" She was able to switch groups and be one of my girls for the weekend. I met another girl on the bus who did the same thing. And small world, her youth pastor is Donny's cousin. It seemed like everywhere I turned, I was finding all sorts of things in common with them. I had 5 girls in my room and though we each came from different backgrounds and were currently in different places in life, we were able to find some cool commonalties. Pictured below is me with 3 of my girls. I borrowed this pic from Brian Eno's facebook, since I couldn't find my camera's cord this morning. Thanks Brian : )





Appearantly they got to know me fairy easily, as they noticed my coffee addiction and bought me these lovely earrings! Nikki, Kaysha, Lauren, Keirsten and Anna, you ladies bless my socks off : )

Sunday afternoon, I was sitting on our porch, meditating on 1 Timothy 1, and I looked up to find a bald eagle soaring by, less than 20 feet from where I sat! Had I looked up any later I would have completely missed it! It was so beautiful! God spoke to me through 1 Timothy 1:12 that day. Paul says, "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service;..." This is my prayer too. I am so grateful to God that he stengthens me -I can't do that in my own strength- and considers me faithful. That blessed my heart tremendously. Lord I always want to be faithful to you. Thank you for entrusting me with this responsibility. What an honor it is to be in His service. I don't say that lightly. It has it's hardships, it's difficulties, but there is blessing in being obedient to God. The blessing far outweighs the difficulties. I just went on a vacation I would not have been able to afford, met girls that I might not have had the opportunity to connect with otherwise, and got to pray with a young woman who gave her life to the Lord. None of those things am I able to make happen without God. It's by His leading, His blessing and His request.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful beautiful post. Sounds like you had a fun, memorable trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet... LOVE THE EARRINGS... Just reading this blessed me...

    ReplyDelete