Thursday, January 6, 2011

A new year

A quick look back on 2010:
Jaimie with the kids at Faith Journey Summer Camp.

Family Dinner- Fall 2010


Donny's first deer hunting trip of the season.



Just so you know, blogging is not one of my resolutions. It's more of an account for my own purposes. This first week of the year has already been a busy one. We started the new year with some friends in our apartment (Marco and Amber, Shanon and Tristan, Leia, Traci, and Dave and Sarah). I didn't take any pictures but we had fun.


Donny started up his classes this week. Not sure I'm ready for him to be gone as much as he will be. It's the same scedule as last term, but I missed him a lot last term. Christmas break was great for spending time with him. He took off an entire week so we could spend it with his brother (ND) and Sister (GA).

All this week I have been gearing up for residents to move back in to the dorms. We have 3 new residents as well. I'm really looking forward to meeting them face to face, but I'm not totally ready for them to be here yet. I guess I have one more day to get ready.

Here is some of what I have planned for this year:
-The healthier track

-Climb a mountain (it can be a small one, I just want to be able to do it)

-Continue mentoring students

-Develop an additional group of girls to mentor and grow with

-Continue being mentored via the group I am already a part of

-Read the entire Chronicles of Narnia

-Meditate* on God's word 2-3 times a week.......*spending time pondering it, listening to God as he speaks through it, thinking about it...not at all the same as Eastern forms of meditation.












No comments:

Post a Comment